When Make Up Can't Fix It...





Hi guys! Thought I'd just do a blog post on my love/hate relationship with Photoshop. The love: I've been using Photoshop ever since Photoshop 5.5. Yes, 5.5, and not CS5. I was still in primary school, can you imagine? I love it so much, and I find that doing retouching, especially on people, is actually very relaxing and therapeutic. I'm weird, okay? I know that.

It does require a whole ton of patience though, case in point, I spent the last three odd hours accomplishing this:





I know it's not perfect, but I'm just saying - if I spent that much time on this image doing just that, to make it perfect you seriously need a lot more time than 3 hours.

Now, I'm not a master in Photoshop or anything, but I have been using it quite a while now so I know my way around it. It's tiring and tedious to do something like that, and my hand physically hurts after spending good quality time with the program. What I really, really don't like is that people tend to assume that Photoshop is fast and easy and a quick fix for everything - stray hairs, bad make up, etc etc. Yes, Photoshop can fix those things, but seriously, if during a shoot you spend five minutes ironing your clothes versus twelve hours in Photoshop trying to remove the wrinkles in your dress... which would be more productive?

To all my brides: most of you don't need extensive retouching, trust me on this. And with the lighting that I shoot for your AD and ROMs, it's more flattering than harsh, so you really don't have to worry.

Okay, back to my beloved, yet hated Photoshop.

0 shouts, "Hello!":

Copyright @ Singapore Wedding Photographer; Elizabeth Goh